Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Monday, June 21, 2010
*




Some Father's Day Quotes (and of course some pics)






A father carries pictures where his money used to be.  ~Author Unknown






When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.  But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.  ~Mark Twain, "Old Times on the Mississippi" Atlantic Monthly, 1874








 
Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.  ~Gloria Naylor





 
Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.  ~Elizabeth Stone







I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich.  ~M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter








Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.  ~Author Unknown





Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat.  Then fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound.  Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together.  Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again.  ~Jimmy Piersal, on how to diaper a baby, 1968 






"The father of a daughter is nothing but a high-class hostage. A father turns a stony face to his sons, berates them, shakes his antlers, paws the ground, snorts, runs them off into the underbrush, but when his daughter puts her arm over his shoulder and says, 'Daddy, I need to ask you something,' he is a pat of butter in a hot frying pan." -- Garrison Keillor 









"My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." -- Clarence Budington Kelland










"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty." -- Unknown







Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad. ~ Anonymous






A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be. ~ Carol Coats



  
 


Never raise your hand to your kids.  It leaves your groin unprotected.  ~Red Buttons






Haha!!  I just thought that last one was too funny!  

Happy Father's Day all!










** To my Dad.  Who always says, "God may not give you want you want.  But He gives you what you need."  (When asked about raising 3 girls)    :)    We love you Daddy **


*

1 comments:

Mary Ellen Robison and Paula Barnes said...

Alison,
This was absolutely beautiful. Your hubby and daddy should be very proud - and your mom too!!! I've loved the quotes you picked. I hope you don't mind if I share them. I know a couple of dads that would appreciate them.

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios