Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Nursery Progress - Week 2

Wednesday, March 6, 2013
I went to Dallas recently and picked up the nursery curtains.  I looked everywhere for these and they discontinued them.  So I settled on these....and I was about to order them online but by the time I went to click check out they had removed them from the website!  So I thought, well, when I head to D-town, I'll stop at the nearest PBK and try and find them...hopefully they will still be in stores.  Well, they weren't.  They had one panel in the length I needed. *sigh*.  However, while I was looking for a replacement lo and behold I found these!!


Just like the ones I wanted but in blackouts instead.

The curtains I had been looking for since the very beginning.  The coveted dream discontinued curtains.  I guess they took them out of circulation because they were going to re-release them in blackout panels.  I prefer blackouts for nurseries anyway.  Makes nap time...well...darker.  Especially when the room is practically all windows.  They cost me almost double what I would have paid for the other 4 panels....but....ya know.....ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

I also picked up the wallpaper for the back of the bookshelves.



By the time I talk to you next week, I'll probably have a completed nursery to show ya.

Other details we have going on...



Zebra rug.  I know not the history or origin of this rug.  I inherited it from my husbands family.  But it works so....

elephant curtain finials.....

We had a baby shower and there's all kinds of stuff to get in the nursery now.  It's overwhelming.

We also have our crib and changing table picked out and delivered too.  I offered to assemble the crib...but the hubs got all mopey...something about it being his job....paternal rights...I dunno.

Anyway, that's how it's looking!




0 comments:

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios